Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Dreaming Preakness Trifectas

My 3-year-old son has selected the horses (his peers) that he likes for Saturday's Preakness. It's a nice looking trifecta.

Xchanger - Circular Quay - Curlin.

It makes a little more sense than his Derby trifecta of Sedgefield - Stormello - Zanjero.

Xchanger is coming off a nice win 4/21 over the Pimlico track in the Federico Tesio Stakes. He wired the field that day and posted a 95 beyer at 1 1/8 miles.

He looks to, at the least, factor in things early. He's also the only horse in the field that has a race over the Pimlico track. Maybe my son is onto something?

Circular Quay is a nice horse. But he may be a bit distracted since his trainer (Todd Pletcher) has been catching so much grief in the blogosphere lately.

I'll try to talk my son into boxing this trifecta since I figure Curlin should win.

No comments: