Saturday, June 9, 2007

This One Was Great


Do you think she'll run against the boys again? Or was the point made? Forget that, do you think she'll be invited back after abusing her rivals today?

She deserves Horse of the Year honors already. I doubt another horse will win 4 straight Grade I races this year. And she might win 5 (or more)!

What an impressive run it was too. She broke slow and was wide around every turn. Curlin is still a bit of a freak but what does that make Rags? A monster!

Tiago and Hard Spun are still nice horses. I expected a little more from Imawildandcrazyguy but what can be expected when a deep closer spots world class horses 20 lengths.

It was exciting watching it on the big screen outside at Santa Anita. People were excited. And like we were saying today, 'the smart money was on her'. She's ours and now she belongs to everybody.

Not to mention the fact that I only cashed two tickets today, and she gave me one of them. Thanks Rags!

2007 Belmont Stakes

2 comments:

Nellie said...

I'm a firm believer in the idea that Thoroughbreds only get better with age.

Imagine what she'll be like if she's allowed to run as a 4-year-old.

It's scary.

Fran Jurga said...

What about that winner's circle photo? I think the cop in the background is using his cell phone to record a truly Kodak moment? Only in New York! That says something right there!